The G-Cloud Framework is a UK government initiative that provides public sector organisations with access to a range of cloud computing services. It was launched in 2012 and has since become an increasingly popular way for public sector organisations to purchase cloud services from approved suppliers.
Here's what you need to know about the G-Cloud Framework:
What is the G-Cloud Framework?
The G-Cloud Framework is an online marketplace where public sector organisations can purchase cloud computing services from pre-approved suppliers. The framework is divided into three lots, with each lot containing different types of cloud services:
- Lot 1: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), which includes cloud storage, hosting, and networking services.
- Lot 2: Platform as a Service (PaaS), which includes software development and deployment tools.
- Lot 3: Software as a Service (SaaS), which includes off-the-shelf software applications.
Who can use the G-Cloud Framework?
The G-Cloud Framework is available to all public sector organisations, including central government, local authorities, and NHS organisations. It is also available to non-profit organisations that are wholly owned by the public sector.
How does the G-Cloud Framework work?
The G-Cloud Framework works by allowing suppliers to list their cloud services on an online marketplace. Public sector organisations can then browse the marketplace and select the services they require. The process is designed to be simple and transparent, with no need for a lengthy procurement process.
Why use the G-Cloud Framework?
- Simplified procurement: The G-Cloud Framework makes it easy for public sector organizations to purchase cloud services without the need for a lengthy procurement process.
- Lower costs: The framework is designed to encourage competition among suppliers, which can help to drive down costs.
- Greater flexibility: Public sector organizations can choose from a wide range of cloud services, making it easier to find a solution that meets their specific requirements.
- Reduced risk: All suppliers listed on the framework have been through a rigorous selection process, which can help to reduce the risk of choosing an unsuitable supplier.
The G-Cloud Framework is a valuable resource for public sector organisations looking to purchase cloud computing services. It provides a simplified procurement process, lower costs, greater flexibility, and reduced risk. If you're a public sector organisation looking for cloud services, the G-Cloud Framework is definitely worth considering.
Tenderhelp can support your application for the G-Cloud Framework. Please get in touch if you are looking to apply.
Article written by: