Due to our ongoing expansion and increased demand from our clients, we are continuously seeking applications from experienced and skilled Bid Writers. We have opportunities available on a full-time, part-time and freelance basis. If you are interested, please send a CV to email@example.com.
Back to blog
Developing high-quality, persuasive, and compliant tender submissions. Including:
- Successfully managing the completion of bids and tenders, within well-defined timescales and to tight deadlines.
- Reading all documents provided by the buying organisation to get a full understanding of their requirements and what they are asking for.
- Liaising with the customer and/or the TenderHelp team to obtain all information, documents, policies, procedures certifications etc. required to complete the submission document.
- Writing a high-quality submission that achieves the highest possible quality score and gives clients the best chance of being awarded the contract.
- Developing tender submissions that accurately reflect client organisations, services, USPs and offers.
- Writing a fully compliant and persuasive submission that meets all requirements, answers the questions and comprehensively covers all evaluation criteria.
- Completion of the tender document with adequate time prior to the stated deadline to allow review and successful submission.
- Preparing supporting documentation for tender submissions, such as policies, procedures, organisation charts, mobilisation plans, risk assessments etc.
- Developing grant applications (duties similar to above)
- Occasionally supporting bid writing and public procurement training sessions
- Developing blogs and content for the company website and social media channels
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of a bid answer library and bank of high-quality tender/bid answers and supporting documentation
- Liaising with existing and potential customers
- Supporting the development of quotes, invoices and other documentation
- Supporting with general admin and other tasks that may be required from time to time
Required Skills, Experience and Capabilities
- Proven experience of developing and submitting UK public sector tender submissions
- A thorough understanding of the bid writing and management process
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent working knowledge of the UK public sector procurement process
- Understanding of key tender portals and the process of finding tenders, downloading tender documents, uploading completed submissions and submitting.
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously with customers
- A proactive and self-motivated approach
- Able to work well independently and manage own workloads
- Excellent understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office and other key IT systems
- Experience of successfully developing and submitting UK grant submissions
- Experience delivering bid management and public procurement training
- Experience of working remotely
Article written by:
Kyle is the founder and director of TenderHelp.